Met with warm weather and clear skies Saturday, Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series (WEMS) race #3 at Alpine Valley Ski Resort saw a great turnout from the Vision Elite and Wheel & Sprocket teams. Differing from WORS, WEMS promises racers an opportunity to test themselves in an endurance event. With races ranging from 3 hour solo, 6 hour solo or duo and 9 hour races, riders are free to choose their event and then complete as many laps as possible in the given time. If you’ve never had a go at an endurance event, WEMS is the perfect chance to give one a try regardless of racing level. With encouraging spectators and a relaxed atmosphere, WEMS offers a great environment to challenge yourself and see just how far you can push your legs!
Alpine Valley Ski Resort is tucked away just north of the Wisconsin/Illinois border and offers plenty of climbing and tight single track. With the addition of a couple miles of new trail for this year’s event, Alpine Valley delivered on the promise of a great day of racing.
Solo 3 Hour Junior Results
- First time WEMS racer, Lucas Fletcher, represented Vision by taking 1st overall in the Junior Solo race with a time of 2:34:34 in 2 laps!
Solo 3 Hour Results
- Brian Paterson of Vision Elite in 4th place with a total time of 2:17:38 in 3 laps
- Matt Paterson of Vision Elite in 5th place with a total time of 2:17:41 in 3 laps
- Walter Sdrenka of Vision Wheel & Sprocket in 12th place with a total time of 2:34:23 in 3 laps
Solo 6 Hour Results
- Todd Fletcher of Vision Wheel & Sprocket in 27th place with a total time of 4:06:52 in 4 laps
Duo 6 Hour Results
For the unfamiliar, Duo races are comprised of two-contender teams where racers are allowed to swap at the lapping point interchangeably.
- Vision Director Nathan Guerra and wife Lindsay Guerra took 1st with an overall time of 5:54:49, completing 8 laps between them. Not to let that be their only highlight, Nathan, with the promise of a cash payout, completed the fastest lap of the day with a time of 37:43!
- Nick Sdrenka with duo teammate Jerrod Collier solidified their place in 2nd with an overall time of 5:21:22, completing 7 laps.
- Jeanne Hornak and Bryon Anderson completed a total of 6 laps, taking 7th place with a total time of 5:41:03.
To watch Nathan’s run at Alpine Valley, we invite you to watch the Sioeye live stream of the event.